Saturday, April 03, 2010

Movie Night - April 3rd, 2010

Damn it. Got almost ready to post this, crash. :P So i am retyping it. Grr… (and now i'm having problems with it's fonts. grr... so if it looks weird, i give up.)

Night of mostly tv episodes, and good ones at that, i needed goofy and good. Got my mind off Zack for a bit. 

First off with the new Doctor Who, The Eleventh Hour.
   Might have my perceptions colored by my mind being on Zack so much, so i'll give it another watch when i'm more composed. Liked the new companion, but not the fact that there is another "anchor" to back home. Not sure about Matt Smith, seems mostly to be way too manic. Miss the more thoughtful Doctors honestly, but oh well. Also tired of the resolution being "I'm the doctor!" everyone does what he says while bads run away or are wiped out. I could be off though, who knows. I'll give it another watch some time later when i'm more myself. 


Then on to the movie Deadly Friend.
   A bizarre 80s movie by Wes Craven, more funny than scary, and with the best death going to Anne Ramsey. Odd movie, that's for sure. 


Then an episode of the 80s The Twilight Zone, Her Pilgrim Soul.
   Been too long since i've seen these episodes, this one was great. 

I couldn't find a video clip of this that would work for me, sorry. 

Another episode from the 80s Friday the 13th the Series, Night Prey.
   If Vampire the Masquerade wasn't inspired by this, i'll eat my hat. (which i don't wear). 


   Two guesses which song is my favorite, heh, the one Anya sings. About bunnies.


Then finishing up with the perfect Doctor Horrible's Sing-along Blog.
   I love this so damn much, the songs, the singers, the tragic story. Doesn't hurt that Felicia Day is too cute. 


1 comment:

eveelagenius said...

Oooo I missed a good one! We had a an early easter dinner yesterday and I was beat by the time everyone went home.